Advice in Small Animal Welfare
The main activities in welfare of CAWEC are:
- Advice to animal shelters.
- Evaluation of the welfare of the animals housed in shelters.
- Provide strategies to improve the aspects identified during the evaluation and to prevent problems that may affect the welfare of the animals, as well as the staff working in the shelter.
- Animal welfare training courses for shelters staff.
- Advice to veterinary practices (clinics and hospitals) to improve the welfare of patients and clients.
- Visit to the veterinary practice in order to identify aspects to be improved.
- Provide strategies to improve the aspects identified during the evaluation.
- Training courses in animal welfare for the staff of the veterinary practice (in the practice itself).