At CAWEC we help you solve your needs regarding the clinical ethology of dogs and cats
Clinical ethology consultation - visits
Behavioral problems are very frequent in the daily clinic. CAWEC offers you three possibilities so that you can offer a quality clinical ethology consultation:
- Visits at your veterinary practice. So that your client does not have to travel, and all diagnosis and monitoring is carried out in your practice.
- Home visits. In some cases, the environment plays a very important role in the onset of the behavior problem, in others, the owner has difficulties in moving to the veterinary practice. We can make home-visits.
- Visits at the Fundació Hospital Clínic Veterinari of the UAB. Our permanent clinical ethology service is at your disposal so that you can send us any case that you think appropriate.
Regardless of the modality:
- The first visit will include the interview with the owner (which lasts approximately 60 minutes), the preparation of general treatment guidelines for the owner, a report for the veterinary practice and follow-ups via email. At the first visit, the definitive diagnosis is not always obtained. In cases where the diagnosis cannot be obtained, the most appropriate diagnostic protocol is proposed to achieve it as soon as possible.
- The follow-up visits have an estimated duration of about 30 min, and in them the treatments are readjusted according to the evolution of the patient. In the event that a new behavior problem has appeared, which is not associated with the first visit problem, another first visit must be made.
Behavior modification service
Treatment requires, in most cases, behavior modification sessions. Using learning techniques, which always safeguard the well-being of our patients, we manage to modify the behaviors that are bothersome for the owners.
- Behavior modification for cases initially attended by CAWEC. The behavior modification service will be in permanent contact with the clients and with the veterinarians responsible for the case, to give a quick and effective response.
- Behavior modification for cases initially attended by your veterinary practice. If you have already made the clinical diagnosis of the problem and require our behavior modification service to carry out its treatment, CAWEC also offers you this possibility.
Advice on welfare of company animals
We help you improve the well-being of your patients and your clients:
- We visit the veterinary practice to identify the points to improve.
- We provide strategies to improve the identified aspects.
- Animal welfare training courses for the staff of your veterinary practice on site.
Stays in our service